KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing audit, tax and advisory services. In 1945, KPMG China established its first office in Hong Kong and became the first international accounting network to be granted a joint venture licence in mainland China in 1992. KPMG China currently operates in 20 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff.
“INSPIRE CONFIDENCE AND EMPOWER CHANGE”
Whatever your role in KPMG, we make a positive impact on society through the work we do. By staying focused on what really matters and acting as stewards for the next generation. We operate with this purpose in mind in order to become ‘THE CLEAR CHOICE’, for the people, our clients and the public – this is our vision.
‘Our people are extraordinary’, we have a people strategy in place to make this happen, involving targets to further enhance strategic recruitment, people development and ongoing engagement.
CLEAR CHOICE FOR THE PEOPLE: “OUR PEOPLE ARE EXTRAORDINARY”
At KPMG, we understand that the skills, knowledge and capabilities of our people are central to our success. That’s why we’re fully committed to developing a continuous learning culture. Each of our staff received 90 hours of training last year on average.
For strategic recruitment and people development, we have:
- Tailored development programmes for different needs and service lines – from soft skills to technical ability
- Strong professional qualification examination support
- HR software to track the development programme
- Balanced scorecard performance evaluation system
- Global and national mobility programmes
- Internal transfers between functions to broaden horizons
- Well-structured and transparent career path and options
- Enabled staff to focus on bringing value to clients by offshoring non-client facing work to a shared services centre
COMMUNICATIONS, ENGAGEMENT AND RECOGNITION
Retention and reward are very important to us and in order to enhance this, we have:
- An annual Global People Survey to review and measure staff experience at our firm and take action to improve
- Project Connect – an interactive, efficient and transparent way of communication, with a comprehensive Internal Communications Policy to nail down channels which staff can use to receive information
- A strong ‘People Network’ (people partners, people business advisors and people champions)
- More than 50 interest groups and organised nearly 1,000 activities
- Recognition programmes – Encore, Bravo, Standing Ovation, Employee of the Year…….
- Improved office environment
We embrace an open communication culture and have a series of internal communication channels. Apart from the traditional options (emails / phone calls), we have our ‘Hub’ – an internal interactive platform, an ‘Ask Chairmen’ forum where colleagues have the chance to direct any questions, especially those related to the firm’s business strategy, to the Chairmen. Other ways we reach out to our people include our weekly wrap up – a weekly firm-wide newsletter, the China portal, Pulse TV and People Network. All of these tools are there to ensure that our people are able to communicate with seniors frequently in terms of their ideas and general feedback. All the input is regularly reviewed by the management to ensure that constructive ideas are implemented and that people have their say.
Every year, we conduct our Global People Survey, which measures our people’s perception regarding how well we engage, enable and energise people to demonstrate the desirable behaviours and live up to our purpose and vision.
It provides leadership with essential information on the drivers of our business performance and employee engagement levels. High performers are recognised and rewarded for their achievements which are directly linked to our values and purpose with awards like the ‘Bravo award’, ‘Standing Ovation’ and ‘Employee of the Year’.
Apart from work, we believe that finding time to relax is also fundamental to a happy and healthy life. We organise a wide range of activities through our myLife programme to help our people to find a balance between their professional and personal lives. We have 50+ interest groups, apart from sports and cultural groups, we also have a parents group to support working parents. The firm also organises bigger events like ‘Family Fun Days’, where we have a 1-day theme park tour or different family-friendly activities for staff and their families. We have a ‘Flexible Wellness’ programme for staff whereby they have a fixed lump sum of money which they can use to pay for any health or wellness activities, like gym membership.
CLEAR CHOICE FOR THE PUBLIC: THE PUBLIC TRUSTS US
To become the clear choice for the public, we invest in the communities where we live and work. We have a firm-wide CSR strategy and team. Our staff can make meaningful contributions to the community via monetary donations and participating as volunteers in different activities.
We also recognise the importance of differences, respect and equality as part of our ongoing commitment to inclusion and diversity, we actively participate in programmes which foster this such as, International Women’s Day and Global Dignity Day.
“At KPMG, we’re committed to driving high performance and supporting continuous development. We want our people to be part of the journey in helping KPMG to become ‘The Clear Choice’ for People, Clients and the Public.”
— Linda Lin, Partner-in-Charge, People, Performance and Culture, KPMG China
- 年度全球员工意见调查 — 回顾和测评员工的工作体验、聆听他们的意见，并采取改进措施。
- 互联项目 — 一种互动、高效、透明的沟通方式，采用全面的内部沟通渠道，确保信息传递。
- 表现嘉许 — 设立Encore、Bravo、Standing Ovation、“年度最佳员工” 等奖项
我们奉行开放的沟通文化并建立了一系列内部沟通渠道。除了传统方式外（电邮、电话等），还采取以下措施：1）开发内部互动平台 — Hub平台；2）启动“向主席提问论坛”— 员工可以直接向主席提出任何问题，特别是关乎事务所战略层面；3）推出每周总结 — 每周一次的内部通讯；此外，我们还推出内联网、Pulse TV、员工网络等沟通平台。这些措施将确保员工有机会向管理人员和高级管理层提出想法和反馈。管理层将定期查看，听取建设性建议，保证员工能够发表观点。
每年我们都会开展全球员工意见调查，一方面是采纳员工对我们的看法和反馈，另一方面是评估员工的积极性。通过调查，管理层能了解到推动员工绩效和敬业度的驱动要素。对于杰出员工，我们有Bravo、Standing Ovation 和“年度最佳员工”等不同奖项，表彰他们为企业愿景和价值观做出的突出贡献。