Vision – Nestlé is the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company. It is the largest food company in the world measured by revenues. Our mission of “Good Food, Good Life” is to provide consumers with the best tasting, most nutrition choices in a wide range of food and beverage categories.
Purpose – Nestlé’s purpose is enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
Ambitions – We have defined three overarching ambitions for 2030 which guide our work and support the Sustainable Development Goals.
Nestlé has more than 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favorites, and we are present in 191 countries. Nestlé has a long history in Hong Kong having started its first trading activities since 1874. Nestlé Hong Kong has about 1,100 employees and have multiple work locations.
CULTURE BUILT ON RESPECT
Nestlé has built a culture based on respect and created a climate of mutual trust and open dialogue.
• Respect starts with each of us, with self-respect and being true to ourselves, then acting with integrity, fairness and authenticity.
• Respect for the people around us and all those we interact.
• Respect for other ways of thinking, other cultures.
• Respect for the world’s future and future generations.
The five ways we live our values
• We serve with passion We work resourcefully and tirelessly to understand the needs of people across the world and then serve those needs with passion. Success in winning hearts and minds requires quality in everything we do, with a spirit of excellence and ownership.
• We build for the long term . We believe that true success is measured over time. Trust in our company, products, services and brands can only be built consistently step by step.
• We are inspired to innovate . We embrace the diverse and fast changing world as a source of endless challenge, inspiration, and new possibilities. We never stop challenging ourselves because we know we can always do better. This dynamic spirit keeps us continuously improving in pursuit of our purpose.
• We grow and succeed together . We achieve far more together than we can alone. By collaborating with colleagues and partners, diverse in cultures and ways of thinking, we grow as individuals, as teams, and as a company, and help others grow with us.
SAFE AND HEALTH WORKING ENVIRONMENT
At Nestlé, we believe that our people are at the centre of everything we do. Offering them good working conditions and helping them to stay safe, healthy and engaged are top priorities.
For this reason, we have developed the Nestlé Frameworks for Employee Nutrition, Health and Wellness (NHW) since 2015. The Framework helps to structure and focus existing efforts and promote best practices and guides future developments in the market.
To enhance NHW, we conduct wellness seminars on nutrition; organize physical sports and support employees to participate in gym centers or Yoga classes monthly.
Nestlé have created a working environment that enhances individual responsibility, opportunity for development and empowerment. For Nestlé, safety requirements are non-negotiable. We devote attention to protect our employees and supplier’ staff, contractors and any other people involved with the company by communicating and educating them on safety through behavioral approach.
We aim to provide a workplace culture that generates equal opportunities for everyone and where people treat each other with respect. We appreciate the diversity in; gender, origin, nationality, religion and age. Nestlé has staff with 13 nationalities with diverse religions. The proportion of female diversity in middle & senior management is 58%.
Share Value CSR
We want to help shape a better and healthier world for individuals and families, for our communities and for the planet. Our stories take a deeper look at how Nestlé is making a difference.
Nestlé also provide employees the opportunity to take part and give back through activities such as employee volunteer programs such as Nestlé Healthy Kids, Food Angel and Elderly care.
Many employees consider the Company as their second family. At Nestlé Hong Kong, 58% of employees have worked over 5 years, 27% worked more than 10 years.
Our Talent Acquisition team supports business growth and manage attrition. We have highly engaged and knowledgeable community across our markets, committed to delivering value through a proactive and quality approach. Talent development and management practices include Management Trainee & Technical Trainee Program; Internship & Apprenticeship Program; Corporate projects; Mentorship Program; International assignments; Job Rotation and Talent and Succession Plan.
Talent Factory is an innovation to ensure our Talents are groomed in all aspects to support current and future needs. It incorporates a strong recruitment pipeline, clear and transparent assessment and rewards, effective and focused development and engagement from top management. It is one of our HR strategies to “Win with People”. Through Talent Factory, we are also strengthening the culture “develop from within”.
Rewarding our people
We provide a Total Rewards offering that attracts, retains, motivates and engages our employees. We do this as ONE team, continuously improving our ways of working with simple, standardized and transparent processes. The Total Rewards include fixed and variable pay and bonuses and incentives, medical coverage for staff and dependents, life insurance, 17-week maternity leave, compassionate leave and service and examination leave.
We have also developed effective systems to promote a two-way internal communication culture that allows employees to access information of Total Rewards and to encourage them to provide feedbacks.