DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia with a presence in 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS is in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank’s “AA-” and “Aa1” credit ratings are among the highest in the world.
Recognised for its global leadership, DBS has been named “Global Bank of the Year” by The Banker and “Best Bank in the World” by Global Finance. The bank is at the forefront of leveraging digital technology to shape the future of banking, having been named “World’s Best Digital Bank” by Euromoney. In addition, DBS has been accorded the “Safest Bank in Asia” award by Global Finance for ten consecutive years from 2009 to 2018.
DBS provides a full range of services in consumer, SME and corporate banking. As a bank born and bred in Asia, DBS understands the intricacies of doing business in the region’s most dynamic markets. DBS is committed to building lasting relationships with customers, and positively impacting communities through supporting social enterprises, as it banks the Asian way. It has also established a SGD 50 million foundation to strengthen its corporate social responsibility efforts in Singapore and across Asia.
With its extensive network of operations in Asia and emphasis on engaging and empowering its staff, DBS presents exciting career opportunities. The bank acknowledges the passion, commitment and can-do spirit in all of our 26,000 staff, representing over 40 nationalities.
WE MAKE BANKING JOYFUL
Our vision is “We Make Banking Joyful” – embedding banking seamlessly in our customers’ lives and delivering service in a fast and intuitive manner in the digital age.
Our PRIDE! values shape the way we do business and work with each other:
Purpose-driven, Relationship-led, Innovative, Decisive, Everything Fun! Rooted in our DNA is a role beyond short-term profit maximisation: doing real things for real people to create social value in the long run, while ensuring that DBS is a joy to deal with.
CREATING A START-UP CULTURE
At DBS, we made good progress, with many of our people embracing a spirit of experimentation and innovation through immersion programmes, experiential learning platforms and ecosystem partnerships. We drove the use of data and analytics, increased data resources embedded with the business and support units.
We expanded our JoySpace programme, investing in transforming spaces to build a start-up culture, foster collaboration and ideation, and enable the future way of working. The organisation is now on Office365, a cloud-based collaborative platform.
PURSUING A SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS
DBS devotes in sustainability with three principles: “Responsible banking”, “Responsible business practices”, and “Creating social impact”.
In responsible banking, DBS considers environmental conditions in credit decisions. We evaluate return against environmental costs and risks. For lending, we exclude industries such as coal, palm oil that creates impact to the environment; and on the contrary, we weigh on enterprises which supports sustainability.
In responsible business practices, DBS promotes reducing using paper in daily operations, also reducing electricity and water usage. To drive awareness of saving energy, DBS announced a 6-months electricity saving campaign, which attracted over 70 teams of employees to participate in, and all aiming at cutting 10% off the average usage!
In creating social impact, DBS has a track record in supporting social enterprises (SE), and learn from SE to introduce sustainability into the organisation. Employees are encouraged to volunteer a period in the SE and when they acquire the expertise in energy saving practices, they would bring back the best practices and apply it in work.
In such way DBS practices “Green Finance” and live by doing sustainable business.
MORE BENEFITS FOR EVERYONE
DBS strives to stay ahead of the market especially in employee caring and benefits area. After prudent needs analysis and benchmarking market practices in designing benefits, we rolled out a brand-new suite of benefits package on 1st January, 2019. It consists of five pillars, which all stem from the principle of “More Benefits”:
- Financial pillar, “More Savings”: We offer staff banking privileges as well as employee shares purchase plan, to help staff achieving their important goals in life easier.
- Insurance pillar, “More Protection”: We support staff and extend protection to their families. Offer medical coverage for dependents, and a “Young Dependents Protection Plus” scheme which supports surviving dependents till grown up.
- Work-Life balance pillar, “More Flexibility”: We give staff flexibility in managing their time for working and living. Innovative leave types are offered such as sabbatical leave and adoption leave, along with the well-received flexible working arrangements, all granting more autonomy to every employee.
- Recognition pillar, “More Celebration”: A positive reinforcement goes a long way. We design peer-to-peer recognition program “iTQ (I Thank You)” and “WeTQ (We Thank You)”, which helps staff motivating each other publicly whenever there is an achievement, and sparks meaningful moments.
- Health pillar, “More Health”: We create a comprehensive health program to support staff in cultivating a healthy life both physically and mentally. Through “iHealth” portal we offer staff a self-managing online tool and broadcast useful tips personalized to each employee. In offline, we held sports workshop and mental health seminar to engage staff and raise their health awareness.
Through the combination of established benefits and new benefits suite, we hope to craft a workplace that cater to real needs from employees, for aspects in both working and living.
iGrow@DBS game familiarises employees with our Triple E framework – experience, exposure and education – and provides self-directed help to empower them in their career planning.
COMMUNICATION & ENGAGEMENT
We communicate with our employees using multiple channels to ensure they
are aligned with our strategic priorities. This also allows us to be up to date
with their concerns.
- “DBS Open” – quarterly regional town-hall hosted by CEO Piyush Gupta
- “Tell Piyush” – an online forum where employees can freely share their feedback and post their questions to the CEO
- Annual employee engagement survey : DBS Taiwan has been recognised by Aon Hewitt as the Best Employer – Best of the Best for the consecutive year (2016 & 2017). In 2018 survey, employee engagement score is 8 percent higher than the average of best employer class in Asia Pacific.
BEST BANK FOR A BETTER WORLD
DBS offers employees a platform for career development and live fulfilled, offering thoughtful and personalized benefits to every employee, altogether motivating and uniting employees to be the best, to drive changes and to pursue goals in line with the organization.
While being crowned with the “Best Bank In The World” honor by external accolades, DBS bank reaffirms the belief in sustainability, and will devote to creating impacts to the society and practicing green finance. Our vision is to become the best bank, for a better world.