ABOUT CIMB THAI
- Established in 1998 as Bank Thai Public Company Limited, and later renamed CIMB Thai Bank Public Company Limited.
- Operating as CIMB Bank’s franchise in Thailand.
- Having 75 branches nationwide and one overseas branch in Vientiane, Lao PDR, in a synergy of ASEAN’s leading banking group. (as of June 2019)
ABOUT CIMB GROUP
- Malaysia’s second largest financial service provider and one of ASEAN’s leading universal banking groups.
- Providing customers with consumer banking, investment banking, Islamic banking, asset management and insurance products and services.
- Having presence in 10 ASEAN nations (Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Brunei, Vietnam, Myanmar, Philippines and Laos), and beyond ASEAN in China & Hong Kong, India, Sri Lanka, Korea, the US and the UK.
“To be Thailand’s Leading ASEAN Bank for all stakeholders.”
“To strive towards being Thailand’s Leading ASEAN Bank by providing innovative financial products, excellent services, and compelling cross-border solutions through synergy with CIMB Group.”
OUR Culture & value
Core values reflect what are truly important to CIMB Thai. They do not change over time, by any persons or under circumstances, but rather they are the foundation of our culture and the soul of our Bank.
- ‘Go the extra mile’ to delight customers.
- Respect each other, engage openly and work together.
- Recognise each other’s efforts and always back each other up.
OUR FAST FORWARD MISSION
“To become a strong medium-sized ASEAN bank in Thailand, and to achieve the profit before tax of THB 15 billion by 2022.”
OUR FAST FORWARD CARES
Collaborative, Above & Beyond, Responsible, Entrepreneurial
“To engage and build awareness of 4 mindsets colleagues should carry everyday to move CIMBT forward to achieve our Mission.”
People are a key factor in today’s business toward sustainable growth and success. We believe that our staff with active engagement and commitment will deliver strong performances to the organization, which will drive better outcome and sustainable growth.
Our staff engagement has been improving with continued rise in the engagement score on the back of our ongoing launches of engagement activities aimed to win our staff’s hearts and their recognition of CIMB Thai as their happy, preferred workplace. We have focused on building closer collaboration and stronger teamwork with broader communication bank-wide for staff’s career advancement and operational process effectiveness.
Our staff would be engaged from the first joining day through the structural onboarding program to give them good first impressions of the Bank. We have in place the people strategies to ensure that our people, culture and organization will go along and reach the goals together. Throughout our journey, staff at all levels will be fully provided with physical and moral supports, and motivation as well as self-development via training and development programs toward their goal achievement.
Several fun-filled staff engagement activities held for the past years have helped raise our staff’s teamwork spirit and strengthened their engagement with CIMB Thai. Our staff enjoy learning, working, collaborating, communicating and recognizing each other. They can also find that some non work-related courses and activities help them maintain their work-life balance.
We are aware that staff benefit program is part of staff’s major employment concerns so we have consistently improved staff benefits to be on a par with the market so as to ensure that our staff are well taken care of and feel secured under any unexpected circumstances.
With social responsibility kept in mind, we do not leave behind people with disabilities (PWD). We have hired two PWDs as permanent employees and 27 others under a collaborative program with the Thai Red Cross Society. We have a team in place to take care of them and visit them in each work area, which not only contributes to their better quality of life but also makes them proud of being a member of CIMB Thai. This program has been well recognized and awarded by Good Society Expo in 2017 for employer who has supported the hiring persons with disabilities project, and later by Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Development and Human Security in 2018 for the outstanding employer who provides continued support to persons with disabilities.
- Best Corporate Bank Thailand 2017 by Global Banking & Finance Review
- The Asset Triple A Private Banking, Wealth Management, Investment and ETF Awards 2018
- Best Structured Products Housed: Highly Commended
- Best Equity Derivatives House: Winner
- Best Credit Derivatives House: Winner
- Best Structured Investment Products Awards
- 10 Years Credit Linked Notes with Reference Entity Linked to Kingdom of Thailand and Chinese Bank
- Fund-Linked Note
- 6 Months Principal Protected Single Barrier Bullish USD against THB Debentures
- Leveraged Callable Inverse Floater Debenture
- Top Arrangers Investors’ Choice For Government Primary Issues Thailand Rank 5: Asian Local Currency Bond Benchmark Review 2018, The Asset Research
- Employer who support PWD hiring project in Good Society Expo 2017
- Outstanding employer who provide continuous support of people with disabilities 2018