WORKPLACE POLICIES AND PRACTICES
In 2018, Schneider Electric Thailand celebrated its 40th Anniversary in Thailand. Our company has transformed itself into a global specialist in energy management and automation. From a humble beginning with a few employees, we have grown to more than 1500 employees in 2019. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
At Schneider Electric, we believe it’s our great people that make us a great company. They will be at their best if we put them in the right environment to thrive. To survive for years to come in the VUCA world, everything we do must be fueled by innovation.
Therefore, we adopt and will keep redefining our workplace policies and practices which enable our people to be at their best, to create more innovation and to thrive in the VUCA world
- Flexibility@Workplace : Flexible Working Hours; Flexible Benefits; Flexible Dresscode; Flexible holidays; Sabbatical leave; Work from Home
- Open Space Workplace : No dedicated room or desk; open space for brainstorming; clean desk principle; high table for well-being; phone booth; Collaboration pantries;
- STEP UP Point Recognition Portal : easy to use; all employees can recognize each other via digital portal accessible from computer and mobile; print the certificate; from thank you to thousand recognition points which can be redeemed to several merchandizes.
- Quarterly Hackathon : Encourage innovation in a safe environment; to foster “Dare to Disrupt” mindset
- FreeUpEnergy : to measure the reduction of meeting; create a free time to learn a new thing or to do meaningful tasks; to encourage 15 min meeting; standing meeting; walking meeting. Freedom breeds innovation
- Well Being : Sport Day; Yoga at work; Annual Dinner and Dance; Healthy lunch;
- Diversity and Inclusion: WISE (Women in Schneider Electric); He-for- She; Gender Pay Gap; Female in Commercial role
We invest in the energy of our people in numerous ways, including a company-wide focus on Health & Equity. A key measurement for progress is the new 2018 – 2020 Schneider Sustainability Impact target, holding us more accountable than ever. In fact, one-third of our barometer concerns health-related topics. We also prioritize Diversity and Inclusion on a global scale, advancing initiatives including Gender Pay Equity and a Global Family Leave Policy.
- Flexible Benefits : Employees can claim for outpatient medical; buying running shoes; holiday expenses; technology; books; and many more. Employees who are healthy are also rewarded with the flexible benefit scheme.
- Global Family Leave : Generous Maternity leave fully paid; Paternity leave fully paid; Family care leave (to support family members who are ill); Bereavement leave
- Outpatient Medical benefits to cover extended family members such as parents (not only children and spouse)
We want our Employee Value Proposition as our commitment to engage existing and future talents become a reality. We want all of employees demonstrate our Core Values and the leaders to live up the Leadership Expectations.
We want our employees voice out through our annual engagement survey which we call it ONE VOICE Survey . From this survey, we understand what are things to improve and what are things we did well.
Every year more than 80% of employees participate in the ONE VOICE Survey and more than 90% of employees believe that they are aware of actions taken after the survey and the actions taken have positive impact.
Top engagement drivers in 2018 were Learning, Diversity and Inclusion as well as Well Being . The areas we need to improve further are Effectiveness (Tool and Process) and Collaboration.
We believe access to Energy is a basic human right. Everything we do is to create a better world by making the energy more affordable and accessible for all.
In order to achieve our vision, we need to breed more innovation and we need to contribute in the development of our society through different channels:
- Investment for the community even they are not our employees
- Energy University : Free online university free for all on Energy management.
- Go Green in the City : The ultimate global student competition for sustainable energy solutions. Create an idea for intelligent energy management.
- IIoT Competition : The student project competition for future IIoT solutions. What will the future of Thai industries look like is in your hand
- Spark Program: Scholarship for Thai Students
- Young Talent Development
- Energy Generation Program – Our signature graduate program
- Catalyst Program: Young Talent Acceleration Program
- Leadership Development
- Ignite Program – Positive leadership development
- Transforming Leaders in SE in collaboration with INSEAD
- Women in Leadership – Global Leadership Program for Female talents
- Innovation Development
- Design Thinking Program
- Quarterly Hackathon
- Corporate Social Responsibilities
- Mobiya Lamp Donation to the community without access to energy
- Rescue mission for Soccer boys in the cave
At the end, we will achieve a success if our employees feel meaningful, empowered and valued working in Schneider Electric and our society believe that we can co-create a better future in our planet.