Malaysia’s Human Resources Ministry has introduced three schemes that focus on job placement and self-employment. Human Resources minister Datuk Seri M. Saravanan said the three schemes launched under the Human Resources Development Fund (PMSB) were the Place and Train scheme, B40 Development scheme and Gerak Insan Gemilang (GIG) scheme.
Datuk Seri Saravanan said the main objective of the initiative under the National Economic Recovery Plan is to support the government’s aspirations and the recovery of the country’s economy affected by Covid-19. “A total of RM500 million (RM250 million from government funds and RM250 million from the Human Resources Development Fund levy) has been allocated for the implementation of the initiatives.
“So far, PSMB has received an allocation of RM100 million from the government and it has been fully spent,” he said. He said as of 16 October, PSMB has approved 35,938 trainees to take part in the schemes. In detailing the breakdown of training centres based on the schemes’ approval, Datuk Saravanan said the Place and Train Scheme recorded the highest number of approval with 200 training centres, followed by the GIG scheme (58) and the B40 Development scheme (3). He said 397 employers have been approved under the Place and Train scheme, with 97 per cent of them were from the services sector while the remaining 3 per cent were from the manufacturing.